Re: [at-l] Merrel Boots

BChan@vines.gems.gov.bc.ca wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on Merrel boots.

I have a pair of Merrel Wilderness that have around 1000 miles on them.
They started to delaminate after less than 300 miles.  I continued to
use them for a while, then I had them resoled (just before a PA section
hike -- I was afraid the rocks would do 'em in) and in less than 300
miles they started to delam again.  This time I just decided to let them
go.  The delam hasn't gotten any worse for quite a while.  Other than
that problem, I love my boots.  They are relatively light for the amount
of support, they fit me well, and once I started using silicone instead
of Biwell (which was recommended when I bought them) they are as
waterproof as any boot I've ever owned.  So I guess they get a mixed
review.

Big Blue Frog
...one section at a time...