[at-l] Quit Whining guys....

I'm going to say a few things that will undoubtedly ruffle a few feathers,
but hey that's the way I am.

I currently receive between 50 and 300 e-mails daily. The at-l is a very
small portion of that, a high volume day on the at-l is maybe 15 messages.
Part of the reason the hiking community is so kind to one another is the
sense of comraderie. I believe that all the joking around is just as vital
to the list as the 541st time we debate which trekking poles to buy or if
the OR bivy sack is a good piece of gear (great piece of gear btw, I love
mine but I digress).

My point is this: If you don't want to read Felix's skewed sense of humor
in posts, you don't want to read my ramblings, you don't want to make
jokes about hikin' naked, that's your perrogative, but don't bitch and
moan about it to the rest of us. The reason I go "out there" to the woods
in the first place is to live on a more basic level of existence
physically, socially, emotionally, and cognitively. I get enough of the "I
don't like what you do, so don't do it" from the general state of American
society. I don't think it's going to kill you to hit that delete key a few
times.

To be honest, I delete more "on topic" posts without reading them than I
do "off topic" posts.

And do me a favor, if you're a whiner, and you meet me on the trail,
please just keep walking. I don't need any lectures, I'm not interested in
your philosophy about why I shouldn't be doing what I'm doing. I am an
intelligent individual, I genrally put a good deal of thought into my
choice of activities. So, if you see me at Woody Gap or Neals in early
March doin' a little trail magic stuff and you feel compelled to tell me
why I should be giving away Budweiser instaed of Red Brick Ale, please do,
please just give a little lecture, that way I can turn around, drop my
pants and show you just exactly what you can kiss............

Nothing personal folks, but internet whining is getting on my last nerve,
I've been a usenet and mailing list user of various sorts for seven or
eight years, you don't hear whinin' (well much :))

Take care,

Your friendly neighborhood Will Strickland