Re: [at-l] Could you give an advise for newcomer ?

> Subj:	 [at-l] Could you give an advise for newcomer ?
>  Date:	98-02-11 00:40:19 EST
>  From:	egorov@oak.nlm.nih.gov (Alexey Egorov)
>  Sender:	owner-at-l@saffron.hack.net
>  To:	at-l@saffron.hack.net
>
>  Hi,
>
>  I came to US just month ago and would like to join a group
>  or find partners to make hiking trips in area of Washington DC.
>  I am from Russia.  I am 27 years old.
>  I work in National Library of Medicine of National Institute of
>  Health, live in Montgomery Village.
>
>  I believe I have sufficient hiking background to make
>  difficult trips.
>  In Russia I made hiking trips nearly every weekend and
>  covered up to 37km (~25mi).  Each summer I went to Mountains
>  and last summer during 1,5 mouths trip I reached 6,000 meters
>  in Tyan-Shan mountains.
>  I am "instructor of mountain tourism", that means that
>  in Russia I was allowed to teach young hikers of how to
>  make a trip, how to climb in mountains, how to use a rope,
>  and so on.
>
>  I hope this mailing list is good place to post such a message,
>  if it is not - I am very sorry.
>
>  Thank you,
>  Alexey
>  * From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info http://www.hack.net/
> lists *

Hi Alexey,

Welcome to the USA.

The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) has a Washington DC, Chapter. I do not
know the local address. Look in the phone book under clubs.

The AMC has a web site. This is the URL: http://www.outdoors.org/

On this site there is a Lot of information on recreeation in and arround the
Washington DC area. There is also information on other clubs in the DC area.

DC Online - Outdoors / Recreation
http://www.washdc.org/rec.html

William "Wildbill"