[at-l] I'm Resubscribed to List

Hi folks!  My name is Bill Phipps and I was a brief subscriber last winter.
I am 50 years of age and have been section hiking the AT since September
1990.  I usually do not hike during the months of December, January or
February but I am considering a long weekend hike this coming weekend if the
weather is favorable (more on this later).

Last year I was able to hike from the southern borderof Shenendoah N.P.
north to about 10 miles north of Duncannon, Pa (route 225).  This year I
would hope to get well into Connecticut.  Thus far I have enjoyed the AT
from Springer to were I stopped  last year with the exception of some parts
of Maryland and the farmland hiking in Pennsylvania.  Are the worst of the
PA rocks still ahead of me?   If I were to hike this coming weekend it would
be from Friday 2\13 thru Monday 2\16.  Could anyone from the
Harrisburg\Allentown areas give me any hints as to what weather I might
expect for those dates.  I know you had a lot of snow in that area lately.
Is there still a lot of snow on the ground?

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to interacting with you good people.

Just Bill
(no trail name)
brendan@ovnet.com