[at-l] I'm back!!!!!

Hi all,
Back from Iron Master's with a report.  WOW, this was my first
in-person meeting with the folks on the lists and IT WAS GREAT!!!.
I'm hoarse from taking and my ears are still ringing from all the
good talk.  Now I know what I've been missing by not attending
such affairs in the past.
I won't even try to list all that attended.  But.....Chase and Woodelf
are so cool, Ginny is just as I pictured her, but Jim is the nicest,
sharing, most soft spoken man...sorry Jim, to blow your image <G>.
Wheathercarrot_ is_ a red head and Waldo is just the way you'd think
he is.  Seeker?! and Slyman are too. Liddy is psyched for her 98 thru
and my money's on her making it!!  Especially after all the great info
from
the past thru-hikers. Heck, I think_I_could fix a shaker jet after
watching the demo.
Amy's auction bag is kicking..I wasn't the only envious one. Almost
as awesome as her black bean lasagna!  Receipe request!!!
Lots of gear weighing and I was super thrilled to get it confirmed
that thanks to what I've learned from the list's lite-hikers over the
last year, my pack weight has gone down from 43lbs to 33lbs!!
Bob and Jan told me stuff about "the spouse that stays home"
that has certainly rattle my thinking.
Three different folks brought slides which kept us ahhhing and
ohhing and laughing till late in the nite.
Choovers picked up a missing section on Sat and most everyone else
hiked in the snow as well.  I opted out of that because I had two
dogs with me and I don't take my dogs on the AT.  They're just not
trained well enough.  And that's why I'm home so soon.One step
outside, after the slide show , and I could tell the weather guessers
were off on their predictions for the nite time low and while I had
enough stuff to keep warm, I don't keep my dogs out below 20.
The Iron Mansion is a wonderful place and Tom and Marie Ha
were more than tolerant of us bending the curfew.  Stop there
and say hi when you hike through or just if you want a place to
get away.  Without the bunch of us talking up a storm, I bet it
would be a great place for a get away.  And check out the hot-tub!!
Well more folks will chime in with more stuff.  And I'm sorry I've
missed
names of new friends but my head is still swimming!  Next time, I'm
gonna take notes...yeah sure  <VVVBG>.
The mix of people just amazes me...rookies and really seasoned
hikers (ever see a_six _thousand_mile_pack??) ...all sizes, all ages....

so diverse!  But the binding tie is hiking and that tie is tight.
God bless e-mail servers for letting me meet all these cool
people in the first place.
The only thing missing??  Well.... we had rope, and beans and
I did bring two dogs......
And the word of the day...EMU...EMU...EMU...EMU...EMU