RE: [at-l] Advantix camera suggestions.

The most popular camera I saw on the trail last summer was the Olympus.
They are small, light, and waterproof. They have built in flash and most
models have a zoom lens. Generally they start at around $100. Make sure you
carry an extra battery.

Personally I don't care for the Advantix cameras. They don't take slide
film and the different pictures (normal, panorama, etc) are mainly a trick
of cropping the image. The frame size on the film is the same for all
formats. You can achieve the same results by scanning the images and
editing them in your computer. Or you can have then re-cropped at the
camera store.

A bit a personal bias here.

Ron