Re: [at-l] Dehydrated meats

Ronald Moak wrote:

>A 7 ounce can of canned tuna can be reduced to a couple of

> ounces dry weight. Plus no can to carry out!

Ditto on the tuna....it's great!  Just make sure you get the packed in
waterkind....no oil.  And if you like tuna, you'll love salmon.  Cook a piece of
salmon just to done.  Overcooking makes it harder to separate along it's
natural flakes.  Dehyde to brittle.....yummy!
Poultry is tricky.  I heard a report around Thanksgiving that 60% of domestic
poultry had salmonella.  So I always cook it first.  And I use only white meat
cause there is less fat.  The rubbery bit can be diminished by slicing  across the
grain of the meat.