Re: [at-l] Dehydrated meats

Another great favorite with my group (3 children) is mashed potatoes. I make
my own mashed potatoes and then dry them on the jelly sheet.  I don't put
quite as much butter in them, and I dry them as they are drying with a paper
towel to remove excess fat, but the kids really seem to like this. I've also
done spaghetti sauce with  great success.

I use raw meat and make a jerky, but if you cook it first it does seem to
rehydrate faster. I ususally put the meat in a ziplock at lunch, with H2O and
then finish dinner fairly fast when we get to camp (refer  above  :) )

I have dried nearly every veggie - carrots and brocolli are favorites. Cabbage
didn't make it. Beans I just  string up from the garden and air dry during the
fall.

This is great getting more ideas - I'm going to try the applesauce - never
thought of it before. :)

Momma Turtle