Re: [at-l] Issue in the Whites

DataBook97 wrote:

>   It seems to me
> that if they are properly supervised (with caretakers), there is no reason why
> campsites cannot be located within a reasonable distance of the huts,

What an excellent idea!  Caretakers would be able to prevent abusive of thecampsites
.  And if someone could share how far the curent campsites are
from the trail, it would be a help in the discussion.  People have differing
views on how far is too far at the end of the day, but I think I remember someone
saying "miles down"...aaarrrggghh.
I know that a big problem is how much of the trail is above treeline with a
typically fragile sub alpine ecosystem.  But miles down seems really excessive.
Anyone have the distances?