Re: [at-l] Smaller backpack -- back problems

> Interestingly, carrying a heavy (50 pound) pack never hurt my back, though
> sometimes lifting it did. I had to find ways of slipping into it by putting
> it on a treetrunk, or shelter platform, or something, to avoid the clean
> and jerk. Within a month or two, though, my stomach muscles had
> strengthened enough so that I could simply lift it onto a raised knee, and
> slip into it from there.

I have the same dielma.  Teh problem stems from the fact that my sore back is
caused by my center of gravity being pushed forard by my being overweight.
Then, twhen I put a pack on, the center of gravity is put back where
it belongs, along the center of my body.  I'm trying to lose the gut, but
just not willing to go drastic yet.  I'll \try a lot of little things
first.  I guess I'll just have to do tha trhuhike to lose all of that
weight.  :-)

--
S. Schuyler Stultz              Recognition Research Inc.
schuyler@rrinc.com              2214 Rock Hill Rd Suite 325