[at-l] RayJardine's book

First of all I would like to thank everyone who responded to my last
request for information, regarding children on the trail.  The list
members were incredibly generous with their time and information.  My
son and I thank you.  In fact with everything I learned I could probably
write a book and have seriously considered adding it to my list of
things to do.  I thought that documenting our process in getting ready
and spending time on the AT would make a nice story.  I am still aiming
for 1999...we'll see!

So again I am looking for help.

One of my immediate concerns when thinking about packing alone with a
small child was the amount of weight I would have to carry alone.  Well
"ask and you shall recieve"  The next issue of Backpacker had the
article on Ray Jardine and then there has been this wonderful thread
on-line regarding going light.  You have all been very helpful in
helping to reformulate my question from "Can I?", to "I can, how?"
Thank you all.

In reference to Ray Jardine and going it super light...I haved tried to
order his book, 'The Pacific Crest Trail Hikers Handbook', revised in
1995, mentioned in Backpacker Magazine.  It is out of print.  I have
tried to locate it via the library no luck. I have found that "book
hunters" want a goodly sum for their services and I'm not sure that it
is worth it

So if anyone has a copy they are willing to part with or share please
let me know.  If anyone has read it and has an opinion on it I'd be
interested in that too.  I don't want to spend to much time and effort
if the general consensus is that it isn't worthy of it.

Thank you all in advance.

Namaste`
Connor's Mom