[at-l] Philosophy

I bought a new CD today, 'the book of secrets" by Loreena McKennitt, a Celtic vocalist. The theme of the CD is the nomadic ways of the Celts. The music is wonderful but I have to pass on a couple of quotes I found in the booklet that came with the CD.
A GOOD
TRAVELLER HAS
NO FIXED PLANS AND
IS NOT INTENT ON
ARRIVING.
Lao Tzu
(570-490 BC)

Ms. McKennitt, in writing about her new CD states, "...The journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder. In the end, I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map. In jettisoning the grids and brambles of our own preconceptions, perhaps we are better able to find the real secrets of each place; to remember that we are all extensions of our collective history".

Good stuff.

--
Peter H. Fornof
athiker@plantnet.com