Re: FW: [at-l] leki poles-sale

STAHLDE@ch.etn.com wrote:

> Jessica,
>         I believe you will find that the Leki poles mentioned below do
> not have the 'Antishock' feature, if that is something that you would
> like to have. The ones that have all the features are called 'LEKI SUPER
> MAKALU COR-TEC ANTISHOCK'. So far, I have found them at
> http://www.northernmountain.com   for $109.00  (regular price $129.00) I
> hope to find a better deal, but I am not counting on it.
>

> Don Stahl  (TERMITE)

Hi Gang;

	Yup that is correct. My Leki's that were stolen had the anti shock
feature. The ones I just purchased from Sierra Trading do not.
	I am undecided on that ant shock thing. I think it is probably a good
thing. I used my shock proof Leki's about 350 miles with great success.
The only minor problem I found with the spring system is that while
crossing a paved road the sticks want to bounce if you attempt to use
them on the pavement. Like I said a very minor problem. I have only used
my new not shock proofed tilted handle Leki's for just a few miles. I
think they will also work out just fine.

chase
begin:          vcard
fn:             Charles W. Davidson
n:              Davidson;Charles W.