Re: [at-l] Handicapped access

> Tome, this is really a ruse to negate the benefits of the ADA. The ADA
> helps to limit discrimination against people with handicaps who can perform
> a job function with "reasonable" accommodations.

From what I've seen, ADA is a great idea that was poorly executed.  I'm
not against providing "reasonable" accommodations, but when the lawyers
get a hold of a word like that, there's no telling how they will twist it.

> There tends to be many roads currently in wilderness areas

I was referring to federally declared Wilderness areas.  No motorized
vechicles allowed (though the Utah congressional delegation would like
to change this).  My fear is that people with an agenda (like the afore
mentioned), might use ADA to change the Wilderness Act in the name of
providing "reasonable" accommodations to disabled people.

> I believe there are many suitable areas for pack animals, and the need for
> areas limited to people.

I agree.

                                      -Tom