[at-l] handicapped access

There have been many people who would "qualify" as handicapped (remember
the Orient Express hike?) who have done long-distance or even through
hikes.  There are probably hundreds of such folks who have done their
hiking more quietly, not attracting any attention at all except the
admiration of those who have met them.  The trail stands as it is (maybe
only for now) and I feel if you have the determination to challenge it, it
would be up to you to conform yourself to its customs, laws (written and
otherwise) etc and give it your best shot.  No one would argue that ANYONE
can do a through hike in the same way that anyone can walk into a federal
building, or anyone can pull their camper up to the hook-ups at the KOA.
Nature decides how accessible the wilderness is, for all of us.

Give me a minute to get my flame-proof gear on....

OK, ready.

Sharon

Sharon Sharpe
Head Athletic Trainer