Re: [at-l] Missing Mountain Bikers (was Rain Delay)

In a message dated 97-10-27 09:11:48 EST, joclair@coastalnet.com writes:

> We volunteered to search for two missing mountain
>  bikers, but the sheriff's dept said they had enuf help. Go figure?

I think they like to deal with known people. I think that gives them comfort
that they probably won't have to go look for you.  I don't know for certain,
I only suggest this because of my own attempt to volunteer in the Daniel
Boone National Forest.

I talked via e-mail to a ranger at Daniel Boone National Forest where they
lose people occasionally.  Asked him if I could participate in searches when
they needed help since I am familiar with the area.  He said no.  Said that
they like to deal with local volunteer fire departments and the like.