[at-l] RE: Pur Hiker

Howdy Kahley!

Thanks for the info about the seeds.  Can you spare a few?  ;) $700 a
pound, egads!  Anywho, I have the Hiker water filter and I absolutely
love it.  It's easy to use, compact, light, and the replacement cartridges
won't break you at $25 each.  (A major consideration!)  I would get the
Hiker rather than the Voyager.  They are the exact same design except
for the color of the plastic.  The only difference is the Voyager's
filter cartridge contains an iodine resin,  AND these cartridges fit in
the Hiker.

From what I've gleaned from AT-L, the only reason to use a 'purifier'
(iodine resin) is if you are worried about water borne virii.  This is NOT
a problem in the USA.  If you backpack in Europe, Mexico, etc. (places
where you should worry about virii) then with the Hiker, you can always
purchase the Voyager filter.  Why pay more for virus protection you
don't need for hiking in the US?  My $0.02.

Now I must go plant my green leaf lettuce and daffodil bulbs.  Have a
great weekend!

Best Regards,
Dave

"We have not inherited the Earth from our fathers,
we are borrowing it from our children."  -Native American saying