Re: [at-l] bivy sacks

Fruit Loop wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
> either with the OR deluxe bivy or the feathered friends nest hooped

I have the OR advanced bivy and have used it for two seasons now.  I
appreciate the loops/poles for keeping the fabric off my face, although
it isn't perfect.  So far, I've been fortunate not to have used it in
heavy rain, but in light rain it has kept me thoroughly dry.  I had one
experience with heavy condensation building up on the inside on a humid
but cool night, but it was one of the first times I used the bivy, I was
trying to set it up in the dark and could figure out the poles, so I
omitted the poles.  Haven't had a problem since.  I should also mention
that before I started using this bivy, I used a Walrus Swift, which is a
one-person tent, and before that I used a smallish 2-person Eureka.  So
I've gradually become accustomed to smaller and smaller shelter.
Overall, I'm very happy with the bivy.

Big Blue Frog
...one section at a time...