[at-l] section hike-springer-neels

Hi- back from a week on the trail from Amicolola falls to Neels. Hiked with
my 14 yr old son. His first two days were punctated by comments such as " why
are we here?, whats the purpose of this? this is nuts! etc etc Then slowly
but surely the trail started to work on him, and by the time we walked up
blood mountain- his comment was- thats it? thats the famous blood mountain?
don't they have anything harder to walk up? Too bad I'm with you- Dad-
otherwise I'd run up it! Ah common Dad- why do we have to sleep in the
Shelter- just a little lightning shouldn't hurt us that bad- we're on a what-
a bald- so what- whats the big deal? Anyways a very nice week was had by Dad
and son- he even did his math, and English. Met a thru hiker Jen
-Southbounder at Goose cReek Cabins last nite- she is fine. For more details
email me Jim