[at-l] Section hike of GSMNP

Our group of middle aged, marginally fit section hikers will be doing the
Smokies in three weeks. Couple of questions for the NC-TN folks. I know it's
been dry in NC lately. What are the water conditions likely to be like? Trail
guide doesn't indicate much water other than the shelters. Is this accurate?
Given that it's leaf season, I guess Mt. Collins and Icewater Springs
shelters should be crowded but we're not staying in them. Even with
reservations, how crowded are the other shelters likely to be (we're actually
planning on tents at the shelters - I assume there will be plenty of room for
three tents)? (Going from Davenport to Fontana) Also looks like the worst
part will be the first day pull out of Davenport. Accurate? For anyone that's
interested, I-40 is now open to one lane of traffic both ways. Thanks in
advance for your help.
Marshall
mfhowelljr@aol.com