Re: [at-l] Shanendoah supplies

> I'm getting feedback that you do not have to pack a lot of food for
> the 110 miles through Shanandoah, because of availability at waysides
> and restaurants. What are the experiences of some of thse that have
> hiked this portion? Thanks in  advance. Weight considerations you
> understand!!!  Lyle

Be aware that the Waysides will probably start to close after Columbus
Day Holiday weekend, if not sooner.  The best thing to do is call the
park at 540-999-3500 for the most current info.  Generally, Big Meadows
stays open the longest, Elkwallow and Loft may close earlier for the
season.  Budget cutbacks of recent years has made the opening and
closing of the Waysides somewhat variable.
                   Marshall
                   "Tarkus"