Re: [at-l] food

> Subj:	[at-l] food
>  Date:	97-08-22 14:27:23 EDT
>  From:	Gammara1@aol.com
>  Sender:	owner-at-l@saffron.hack.net
>  To:	at-l@saffron.hack.net
>
>  I am going on a 10 day trip from Springer north during the end of
September
>  with my 14 yr old son. hre's our food list for what its worth:
>
>  Breakfast- coolaid, hot chocolate with a teaspoon of coffee& cynamon for
>  taste. oatmeal - various flavours with dry milk, and raisins
>
>  Lunch- peanut butter on thick dry bread biscuits with honey- coolaid
>
>  Dinner- soup- premade mix with extra beans, peas, and throw in a few
slices
>  of salami
>
>  all meals need to be 1 pot affairs, we each get 1 spoon, and 1 cup- works
> for
>  us Jim

I don't think you have enough food.  I believe you need to be eating all day
long.  You will be exercising all day long, and I think you need regular
snacks.  Well, at least I do; I get feeling pretty hungry and weak if I don't
eat something every hour or so.

Your meals sound a little boring, but you are right on target with the
one-pot meals.  I have some recipes on my web page,
http://members.aol.com/MarvWelte/index.html

Take a look at the calories on your food.  You will go nuts trying to count
calories each day, but you are going to need maybe 4000 per day.  If you are
not hitting somewhere between 3500 - 4000 you are coming up short.  I hiked
your part of the AT for 10 days this spring, at every fat thing in sight, and
still lost 8 pounds.