[at-l] Amicalola to Neels-Jim

Jim - I hope you will take a min to enjoy the falls at Amicalola, at the
bottom before you go to the lodge area.  The only alert I might mention -
poison ivy.  Be prepared.  We try to keep the trails clear but it can grow
pretty fast, also the vines on some trees may be poison ivy and can present
problems without the leaves . That first 8 miles can be a challenge (the
approach trail) hang in because the next 8 are easy.  You will cover almost
half the Ga trail+ the approach.  The trail undulates but that section is the
more moderate half until Blood mt.  There you will go up the longer slant and
down the steeper side to Neels. There are shelters at Springer, Hawk Mt (8)
Gooch(16) and Blood(28)  I always carry lots of water so I can't be sure of
water supplies, Also this time of year our streams can be pretty dry.  The
vistas at Blood and Springer are super.  Sorry the wild floweres are the best
spring and summer.  Be sure to note the AT plaque at Springer. I think it is
Warner Hall a GATC president in the early '30s.  and sign the notebook( In a
box at groung level.)   I know you will have a great time .  The weather then
should be good.   FYI  at Amicalola they have begun a walk -in lodge 5miles
from the main lodge.  There is a side trail from the approach about 4 miles
in.  They hope to have it in operation next summer.  You may see some
activity.  You will also be on the Benton MacKaye a bit early on, a diamond
blaze.    Laura