[at-l] LT & Nothern Vermont Flooding

Hello All,
	On August 12 Northern Vermont experience flash flooding in five
counties.  The Long Trail goes through this entire flooded area.  The
trail area affected is Mount Mansfield to the Canada Border.  The amount
of damage to the trail is unknown.  High water is no longer a problem.
Roads to most major trail heads are open.  The more remoute the trail
head, the less likely the road is open.  Johnson, Vermont north of Mt
Mansfield has reopened its stores. Route 58 from Montgomery Center to
Hazens Notch is still close.  This is a major resupply town.  The store in
town is open and it is possible to walk down Rte 58.  Water is unsafe in
this entire flood area.  Many wild animals have been found dead in the
streams. Out breaks of water born diseases have just started to appear.
Use extreme care with your water collection and treatments. Another
problem up in the mountains is the beaver dams and log jams.  Additional
heavy rain is most likely wipe these out.  Camp in a high spot a way from
streams and low water collection spots.  I've been on site with the Red
Cross Disaster Unit for the past ten days and was unable to send email
earlier.  To all of you I planned to meet a "Maine 97" I'm unable to go.
I'll see you at the "Gathering".  Email me if you need further updates or
info.  Take care all.....

Beau Bushor N1MJD
  "bleeder guy"
Burlington, Vermont