[at-l] Re: Hexamine Tablets

I've used both hexamine and trioxane tablets and various folding stoves
for years. They are excellent in the summer for ultra light short trips
if you want a cup of coffee or small amounts of hot/warm water. Carry
some aluminum foil for a windscreen, a tin cup, three small rocks and few
minutes.....hot coffee in the morning. Or with a little more effort and a
few more tablets, I've prepared a freeze dried meal.
I have used them to preheat stoves in the winter also. But as someone
posted, they leave a small mess and they stink. Read the other posts for
more info.
I've also used them on winter day hikes, two or three tablets and you got
hot coco, much lighter than a thermos.
Give them a try, just don't use your favorite cup till you see the
results.
Felix is the only hiker I know, that can comment on what they taste like.
 :-)

woodelf