Re: [at-l] First AT steps.

I first learned of the AT back in the 60s from a friend I had in the
military. I wanted to hike it but never really committed to that until a
few years ago. My son and I were fishing when a backpacker came along the
Teleco River. We started up a conversation and he began to tell about his
thru hike. On the trip back home I kept thinking that if I didn't start
the AT I might never get the chance.  It was winter before I finally
decided to start section hiking. I was in such bad physical shape that I
had to work up to the hike. Also I had to replace all my equipment. The
following October I hiked from Springer to Unicio Gap