[at-l] Grayson Highlands

We're getting fired up for our trip to Grayson Highlands VA. I have a
few questions for the Grayson veterans. I did a scout trip a couple of
weeks ago. I hiked the AT south to Thomas Knob.  My first questions
1) is Rhododendron Gap south of Thomas Knob near Mt. Rogers or
   is it heading north at the AT/Rhodo Trail

2) We have three days Friday, Sat, Sun to hike, which is prettier
   AT South from Massey Gap to Mt. Rogers to Elk Garden or Rhodo/AT N
   to Scales and Crest Trail to AT S

Thanks for advice. HERB (OMEGA MAN)