Re: [at-l] bug dope

Lynn wrote:

> Hey list friends -
>
> I recently came across a concoction for bug repellant.  It contains
>
> 1 part oil of citronella
> 1 part spirit of camphor
> .5 part oil of cedar
> a bit of olive oil
>
>  Has anybody out there had any experience with this, or something like this?

I believe you could leave the olive oil out unless you just need a
dilution material. I read somewhere that the cedar oil is very effective
against the 'skeeters. Citronella has been advocated for a long time, as
well as camphor. I even read that you can prepare a "cedar tea" that will
keep the bugs away. I don't have any clue how these would work on biting
flies though.

BTW, where did you get the cedar oil? I'd like to try it. My repellant of
choice currently is REI's Jungle Juice Plus. It's a composite of three
repellants. Worked pretty well for me in the past. I guess I'll see how
well it works on the blackflies in about three weeks.

Will Strickland -ANTELOPE- ME->GA '97
"May the four winds blow you safely home..."
  -- Grateful Dead--
Internet: gt0556d@prism.gatech.edu