Re: [at-l] White Mt Hut Hike

> The USFS is making the rules about user fee permits but Pinkham did not
> know who to call or who to pay except that it is the USFS who made the
> rule.  He said it would be $5 per person, thats all.  So I guess we'll find
> out.  He did say our car would not be towed but we could be fined if we do
> not pay a user fee. If anyone knows more definite info on this let me know.

$5 per unattended car per 7 consecutive days.  $20 per car for a year's
pass is what the FS info indicates, not a per person fee.  Since you'll
have 2 cars for two weeks, it looks like you need two 7 day passes for
each car, unless you want to go with the annual one for one or 2 cars if
you plan on being back in the WMNF later in the year.

See  http://www.fred.net/kathy/at/wmfees.html for info about the fees.
This page includes links to an FS site as well as to some info the ATC
just put online yesterday, scanned from material they received from the
FS.

--Kathy Bilton
http://www.fred.net/kathy/