Re: [at-l] Advice on a Tent and Sleeping Bag

Chris Browning wrote:

but I'm not going to purchase until I can make
> an informed decision.  Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hiya Chris....

You might think of switching from buying to renting for a couple trips
because one of the biggest decisions you will have to make is to go
mummy or rectangle/semi rectangle style bag.  Most hikers probably go
with the mummy style because they are generally lighter and warmer.
The major drawback is they consrtict your body into the shape of a
mummy<<G>>.  Many people adjust to this posture well but, some can't
If you are a stomach sleeper, a pillow hugger, restless or sleep
with your legs splayed, you may not be happy with a mummy.
The best way to find out wether you might have a problem is to rent
one for a week and try it....even at home.  Some gear stores will
allow you to apply the rental to your purchase.  Or if you buy a bag,
make sure the dealer/manufacturer offers an unconditional exchange
policy.  Hope this helps....then you have to decide on which fill...
						Kahley