[at-l] Re: NH Exit

George asked:

> Planning to end a section hike on July 29 at Franconia Notch NH, at US 3
> (Interstate 93 according to highway map). Don't see a reference in
> either of the guides to any transportation from there to a hub where I
> could get a bus back to New York and Washington.
>
> Do any of you know of any bus service or shuttles available at
> Franconia? Thanks.

Well, a few years ago, the Appalachian Mt Club run a shuttle service
in the area.  It would take you back and forth  from Franconia Notch
to Pinkham Notch (where they have a big camp).  And there used to be
bus sevice from Pinkham Notch down to Boston (occasionally).  Try the
AMC Pinkham Notch camp at 603-466-2721.

I section-hiked in the region by beginning my hikes at Franconia.  I
left a car at Pinkham Notch, took the shuttle to Franconia, and
walked back.  Also, I left a car at Hanover, took a taxi to
Franconia, and walked back.

Bob