Re: [at-l] Dehydrating Yogurt

YES YES YES YES YES.  (Sounds like that diner scene from "When Harry Met
Sally", eh?  I try my best to keep y'all smilin'...).

Dehydrated yogurt is one of the better gormet trail foods!  Just cover your
tray with some wax paper (or I suppose you could get one of those fancy
schmancy trays without the slots) and drop the yogurt in quarter-sized
dollops.  Dehydrate until you can pick them up without them oozing.  They
taste like yogurt-covered-raisins -- without the raisin part.   I usually
use the fat-free Organic Stonyfield Farm Vanilla yogurt (but any will do,
that's just my favorite) and sometimes add some cinnamon or o.j. or
strawberry juice.   On a really experimental day, I add some beans....

:)  Poohbear

At 07:52 AM 5/12/97 -0400, CRAFTFAM@aol.com wrote:
>Does anyone have any experience with dehydrating yogurt into some sort of
>trail snack or additive to breakfast cereals?
>
>Sounds neat,  though I am not sure if this is realistic.
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Craft
>Greensboro,  NC
>* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | For info
http://www.hack.net/lists *

Jennifer Delia Sawyer	|	"Be the best you can be
Hall Director		|	in the place that you are;
Department of Residential Life	|	and be kind.
University of New Hampshire	|	Kind to yourself,
Durham, NH  03824		|	Kind to others and
(603) 862-3812		|	Kind to the land."
jdsawyer@hopper.unh.edu	|		-- Helen Neering