Re: [at-l] MSR Whisperlight lighting question

Sandra Downs wrote:

> Since I had too little gas with me to get the MSR to work properly on my
> last trip, I thought I'd better try it out before this weekend's trip. For
> those of your with this little beast: is it normal for the flame to flare
> up and around the unit from the botton cup before the gas climbs the wick?
> I've tried several times, but all I seem to be able to get it to do is make
> flames that are a little TOO big for plopping a pot on safely.

During priming, it is normal to have these flames come up from the base
- they heat the little coil up. Once they die down and you turn the fuel
bottle back on, they disappear and only the top burner part stays lit.
Well, at least for me. :)

Are you letting it prime long enough? That could be a problem if you
don't because the gas will collect in the cup instead of vaporizing and
burning off on top.

--
Diana ^(raven)^ * raven@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
http://www.geckoworld.com/~raven