[at-l] Mailing of gas cartridges

Just returned from the post office to mail some Primus gas cartridges to
New Mexico.  Shipped via regular parcel post (surface shipping only!),
labeled with both the big red "Flammable Gas" sticker and the DOT
identifier from the cartridge (27 ounce maximum).   I did send the gas
separate from my other supplies, in case of any screw up .

This was the info I'd been told when inquiring by phone.  However, the
clerk was unaware of the regulations, and after a half hour of research,
finally found that all was in order.   Hint: to speed things for further
shipping, she wrote down some reference names and numbers to show to the
next clerk as needed.

Note: with the "FLAMMABLE" sticker, you DO get some strange looks from the
other people in line!