[at-l] Stove Fuel

Wow - thanks for the speedy replies...!!  :-))

Re the gas question - sorry - should have been more explicit...

Over here, hikers use butane propane gas cartridges and not liquid fuel.
It comes in cylinders which are attached and used until empty.   My husband
uses something called CAMPING GAZ and he has a little stove and a lamp -
the small cylinder containing the gas is interchangeable so can be used
with both.  Is this not easily available in the US?  If not, can one
organise to order it in advance and pick it up at a supply drop?

I know that what you put in your cars is called gas - we call it petrol!
So perhaps we have a terminology misunderstanding??

Thanks everyone..

Pat Dreyer