Re: [at-l] resupply

Ginny wrote:

snip

> about Delaware Water Gap - Stroudsburg is not far away and the outdoor shop
> used to run a shuttle over there.  Stroudsburg is not a pretty town, but it
> has a laundromat next to the grocery and some good bookstores, so is a nice
> place to spend an afternoon.  Del Water Gap is worth a day or two anyway -
> the cafe is great (with a bakery and fruit store next door) and by that time
> your feet or so sore from long miles over the PA rocks, that you won't be in
> a hurry to leave.  Besides the townspeople are really nice.

If you are looking for long term resupply, a cold beer at a more
reasonable price, or some of the best pizza anywhere, take another
look at Wind Gap.
Don't get me wrong, DWG is OK, but there are some new businesses
in WG that weren't there when you came through.
About a half a mile from the trail is the P.O., a Mini Mart, The Beer
Stein, a Pizzaria and a laundromat. Go another half mile and you have
Giant Foods, chinese food, and K-Mart (also a sneaker king for you
light weight freaks). Another half mile will get ya the beer
distributor, Arby's, McDonalds, a local diner, a produce store, and
Wendy's hot & juicy.
Oh yeah, if you go west off the trail there is the Gateway Motel,
about 200 m up the road.

happy hiking
bob
one and a wake-up