[at-l] pack covers

I'm sorry if this has been previously covered. I have a fairly new REI back
pack cover that seems to be leaking  and not keeping out any water. I took it
back to REI yesterday and they said that it appears to be fine and that I
really shouldn't have to seal the seams. This past weekend was really the first
time I had to rely on it to protect my gear as most of therain I have had to
deal with have been light showers. But this past weekend was more extended (3+-
days) of rain and within the first day my pack was totally soaked. The pack
cover fits fine and was tucked in all the right places, it was put on before it
started to really rain so the water was not there prior. Has anyone else had
any similar experiences with thier pack cover and how do you deal with it. The
representative at REI was really nice about either exchanging or refunding but
I really didn't see any thing wrong wiht the cover myself I'm just trying to
figure out what I'm doing wrong!!

Thanks for any replies
Brent Forbis
bbforbis@eos.ncsu.edu

PS.
	solophile and Micah are off to a great start and send there regard and
thanks to all at the At-l. I left them this past sat. at Neels Gap after a
great week on the trail. I would like to publicly thank Milt for providing me
as well as others with a shuttle even after he had car problems and rented a
car to complete committments to hikers. The more I read about and meet people
here on the list and get to know everyone makes the experience all the better.
Everyone all along the way have been super nice and the closeness that is
shared throughout the hiking community is one to be thankful for. The
generousity and friendliness,the smiles and exchange of experiences are what
really these trips so memorable, and it is a pleasure to meet such a close
community.