Re: [at-l] pack covers

Brent:

I have gone through three Gregory pack covers for my Gregory pack.  They are
poorly designed (to fit many packs) with haphazard ways of securing them.
 They are far from being efficient protection from the rain.  The Gregory
pack cover I have has a draw-string at the bottom of it, for what reason I
cannot imagine.

The way I cope with pack rain covers is to be sure everything inside the pack
is in a waterproof plastic bag or baggie.  Everything!  I still use the pack
rain cover, but only to deflect most of the rain away from the pack.  This is
one area that pack manufacturers need to concentrate some effort.

Big E