Re: [at-l] Hale-Bopp

R. L. (Dick) Wix wrote:

>   For the first time this week, the Rochester MN area had a clear morning.
>
>   Hale-Bopp Comet was readily visible w/o the aid of binoculars. Must be real
> evident to a early-rising hiker.

I finally saw Hale Bopp the other night while I was working.  The
nightskys where clear and you could not miss it.  The longer you starred
at it the longer the tail gets.  It was the clearest night in a long
time and the visability was endless.  I also observed it with binocs.
which really made it glow brightly and extended its' tail.  I watched it
from different locations for about a half hour from 4:40am till 5:10am
when the eastern skys started to lighten from sunrise.  This was viewed
from Monroe, New York early Friday Morning.

Strider