[at-l] Re: MRE's

I use a dehydrator for much of my backpacking food. When my foods are
used in conbination with off the shelf stuff like Liptons, instant rice
or potatoes I have a widely varied, tasty, light weight and very
backable menu. My wife gave me the dehydrator for Christmas a few years
back. I wish I had bought one years before that because it has paid for
itself many times over. The one we have is about 15 inches in diameter
and maybe 10 inches tall with all the trays, it cost about $35. The
kitchen oven can be used as a dehydrator for anyone wishing to
experiment. Meats, fruits and vegies can be dried in 4 to 8 hours on
average.  Hopeful