Re: [at-l] Re: MRE's

I have consumed many MRE's on various trails.  I found them to be of good
quality and very tasty.  The problem with MRE's:  Too heavy!

They are packaged to sustain a nuclear blast and they contain too many
extras, not being designed for backpackers, but for troops in battle.  The
trash factor must be considered.

If you can buy they cheaply, you can break them down and take out the parts
you want and leave the rest.  Repackage into baggies. The entree must be
submerged and boiled in its pouch, so you need a large pot, longer boiling
times, more fuel, etc.

Go with Lipton, freeze-dried, etc.  Save your back.

Big E