Re: [at-l] at-l Gypsy's beginning

At 06:56 PM 3/4/97 EST, Gail B. Johnson wrote:

>We hiked to Stover Creek and decided to stay there for the night.  She
>had had an interesting experience with Friar Tuck the hiker who brought
>her to Springer.  He went through her pack and took out all kinds of
>stuff.  He took her shampoo, her plastic bags,  most of her underwear,
************snip************
>I think Gypsy is a little behind schedule but not discouraged because she
>is learning the ropes.   Her plans were to camp at Gooch Gap tonight.

   Don't know "Friar Tuck's" qualifications,,, but,,,, sounds like he's a little
on the ultra right side of going light... Esp. convincing her to ditch the
ground tarp...
   BTW,,, where was this gear left behind at.??? Should have been put in
a forwarding mail drop or home...
    Dick & Lyn  Wix     (Where's Spring; Rochester, MN)
                 aka  "WIXeR"  AT-94  GA->ME
                       wixer@sparc.isl.net
       We'll get there,,,, when we get there.!!" - obscure