[at-l] one year anniversary

I just thought I'd share...it was one year ago today, even this
hour, that I started my incredible journey.  Right now I am
nervous, even a little sick, and trying very hard not to pick
up my pack (which is already packed) and head for Georgia.  It
is unfathomable to me that it has already been a year.  At
first, two years ago, I thought my start time would never
come.  Of course it did, and I was scared to death.  Driving up
to Springer, I thought I was insane.  I was in Georgia, and I
wanted to WALK to Maine????  But quickly I realized I should
take it one day at a time.  And that is what I did, for 6
months a 3 weeks.  Some days felt like they would never end.
Two weeks in, I thought this trip is going to last forever, and
the pain probably will too.  But then soon it was four months
in, the pain had disappeared months ago, and I was having a
grand ol' time.  And soon enough I hit Maine, which I happened
to hit around my 6 month anniversary.  I realized this trip
really was going to end, and soon too.  I've been home now for
over 5 months, and I would give anything to be able to go
back.  97ers- take you time, and remember every little moment,
even the horrible rainy ones on the rocks.  They will all seem
so precious once home again and sitting in front of this darn
computer.  Now I'm going to celebrate my 1-year anniversary
with a little taste from the trail- a pint of Ben & Jerry's!

Firefly
GA -> ME '96
March 2 - September 1996
AND