Re: [at-l] Re: Socks

>I need some advice on socks. I currently wear two pair of cotton socks
>but am not sure this will be a good idea on a long hike since they take
>so long to dry.

I've had the same problem with socks.  Use wool but found them uncomfortable.
 Could not find a pair that fit my small feet.  Large socks slide around and
ball up on me.  I've been reading about Thorlo Treker socks on this list and
in reviewing packlists on internet.  Found some on sale at EMS so tried them.
 I was able to get a pair that fit.  They are very comfortable.  Do not ball
up on my feet or slide around and they are synthetic.  I love them and plan
to buy tow or three pair to bring on my backpacking trips this year.