Re: [at-l] Ooops..I weighed my pack

At 06:12 PM 2/18/97 PST, kahlena wrote:
>I'm thinking about the pot, but how about some input on the flashlight?
>I have a squeeze light on my bellybag as a back up and a Tec light
>from LLBean...<4oz. Should I dump that and go for a headlamp?  Maybe
>the Zoom?  I know it's more weight but they seem to be very popular.

I have one of the little straps that you can use to hold a mini-maglight
(or similar) flashlight on your head.  They work just fine, and let you
have the best of both worlds.  With mine, the flashlight can be held in two
positions: strait ahead, and angled slightly down.  I never take the
flashlight out of the strap.  An additional advantage is that the strap
keeps the flashlight from rolling away.

The Petzel zoom (I have one) is wonderful, but VERY HEAVY.  It isn't on my
pack list, but I love it for car camping!

-- Jim Mayer