[at-l] Umbrellas

This is really not a new concept.  I read something about it over two years
ago, long before I heard it on this list.  While I can't remember it very
well, I do recall that it was  favorable.  It's not for everyone, but hey,
nothing is.  That's why we have endless discussions on clothing, gear, boots,
etc.  I have seen things put down which I swear by, and other people love
certain items that I wouldn't touch.  If it works for someone then who cares
if they recommend it on this list.  I can try it or not, and if I don't know
how to be on guard against hypothermia then I shouldn't be hiking.   This
list should be an honest exchange of ideas and experiences, but ridiculing
someone for stating theirs doesn't sit well with me.

Marty (JipC)