Re: [at-l] Socks

Milt Webb, IQ Software wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Daane, Peter wrote:
>

> > Erewhon's in Chicago recommended Smartwool (won 1996 Backpacker Best
>
> I really love Smartwool socks but they seem thicker than my Thorlos.
>  -Milt

My feet have a tendency to get really hot. I use Thorlo's Light hikers
without a liner.  They are very comfy.   Try to find an outlet store.
There's one in Winston-Salem, NC where you can buy Thorlo socks for next
to nothing ($3). They are slightly irregular. The worst irrregularity
I've ever encountered has been a grease smudge that washes out.

Nat