Re: [at-l] Sleeping Pads

Hey David, I have a slumberjack 3/4 pad/chair and its great.  I really
like having a chair that I can even slouch in when sitting around camp
at night.  The only thing I don't like about it is it is not thick
enough and don't keep my feet off the ground while sleeping.  Other
than that, I really like the chair/pad in one sorta thing.

Does anyone out there have the Slumberjack Comfort Lounger?  That is
the one that is the full length pad/chair and its 1.5" thick, the same
as the other models of sluberjack chair/pads.   I would really like
something about 2" thick because I like to sleep on my back and my
butt-bone doesn't like the pad too much.

Courtney

>So, what's the deal with the thermarest, then?  I see all y'all
recommending
>it so strongly despite the 5-20 *times* higher price than closed-cell
foam/
>ridgerest pads, the higher weight, the care and maintenance, the
possibility
>of air leaks... is it really that much more comfortable?
>
>(I'd decided to go with a closed-cell foam pad for all the reasons listed
>above.  But I haven't slept a full night on a thermarest, only laid down
on
>one in the store.  And you all seem so convinced...)
>
>                            -David
>determined newbie
>GA->ME 97

Courtney Smith
jamessmith@stc.net
jcsmith@bernie.ngc.peachnet.edu
One seventh of your life is spent on Monday.