[at-l] Re: at-l Bakeries

Steve reminded me about

> Subject: [at-l] Bakeries (??) -Reply
>
> Worthingtons -
>
> right on the trail at Route 206 in Culver Lake NJ.  Get there early enough
> and you will be quite pleased.  The cinnamon rasin loaf is also great.
> They also sell soda and regular packaged food.

Yes, this is a good memory from a NJ section hike I did a couple of
years ago.  I hit the bakery on a cool, clear Sunday morning the day
after some heavy rains.    The bakery was
sure doing a good business with people stopping in for their weekend
sweets.  I recommend the sticky buns.

This brings up the point that the kind of bakery you are apt to run
into on the AT is your basic American-style.  I think it would
be strong on donuts and pastry, maybe a bit weak on French bread.

Bob