[at-l] Re: Iodine Tablets

I have absolutely no expertise in medicine or biology.  Anyone using
iodine should check with a doctor to make sure it is safe for him or her.

But having said that, I've never read anywhere that 7-10 days is
dangerous for an otherwise healthy individual.  I've heard upper limits
closer to 3 months.  That's awfully-darned convenient for me (since I'm
hiking the AT in two 3 month sections).

I don't iodine all my water, but I do find a filter in the middle of the
day when I need a 1 quart resuplly to be exceedingly annoying.

I use the Polar Pur Iodine crystals.  I like that you can vary the
"dosage" much more easily than with tablets.

|Dan Grossman       danieljg@rice.edu   "My opinions are always my own|
|6360 S. Main       Sid Room 602	   and are never shared by as |
|Houston, TX 77005  (713) 630-8678         many people as I wish."    |
|http://www.owlnet.rice.edu/~danieljg    GA->PA 96, PA->ME 97         |